Orthodontic treatment and services
Orthodontics treats problems of malocclusion and dental malposition (closing or incorrect occlusion of both arcade and incorrect positioning of the teeth on the arch).
Orthodontics solve problems related to dental crowding, reverse gear, tooth rotations, the arcade misaligned teeth, etc. Affects dental malpositions physiognomy, so that orthodontic treatment is directly involved in solving problems as dental aesthetics and functional. The dental malpositions may adversely affect temporo-mandibular joint, can cause pain when chewing, tooth alignment significantly eases dental hygiene, being reduced the risk of caries.
These objectives can be achieved with orthodontic appliances, which are divided into several categories: mobile, fixed and movable. If the first two types is for children up to 12-14 years and mild abnormalities, fixed appliances are used for perfect positioning of teeth even in the most difficult abnormalities. Fixed appliances used in our office are positioned on the external (visible) teeth and may be composed of metal or ceramic brackets physiognomic pleasant effect. We offer our patients and choice of fixed orthodontic appliances placed on the inner face (from English) of the teeth, in this case these devices are fully physiognomy.
First days after application fixed appliance are the most difficult. For adaptation to be as easy, we recommend the following:
1. Protective wax on all areas of the machine that embarrasses lips, cheeks or tongue. If the tension felt on the first day is great, you can take an anti-inflammatory or analgesic (Nurofen, Paracetamol) to decrease, following the doctor's instructions on dosage and frequency. Use a diet lower consistency, especially in the early days. Observe hygiene device and try them to soon become a routine (brushing horizontal brackets areas and use interdental brush, shower oral use).
2. Avoid hard or sticky foods that may damage the device (chewing gum, candy, peanuts, pistachios, pretzels, fruit, countries etc).
3. Do not bite any food using the front teeth - food break or cut into pieces and chew on back teeth.
4. In some stages of treatment your doctor may direct you to the wearing of elastic. Follow the instructions on the application and the number of hours of daily wear!
5. If a ring or a bracket off, it will keep being repositioned by the doctor to the next control.
6. The end is usually twisted metal ligatures in spring. If during brushing or eating it moves and becomes irritating to the cheek or tongue, try to push it back with your finger, use orthodontic wax to cover it.
To meet the needs of the most demanding aesthetic, if less severe anomalies can offer our patients treatment with a completely transparent and invisible braces, which is positioned on dental arches and who come in contact with your teeth, leads them in their positions. These devices are highly accurate and are made in specialized laboratories abroad that we are in partnership, based on the models provided by our office.
Orthodontic treatment is possible at any age. The only prerequisite is that there are no general diseases or they are compensated (eg diabetes if your blood sugar to be normal for a long period of time). Another contraindication is the disease that anchilozeaza (welding) of bone or teeth that alter the normal behavior of specialized bone cells (very rare). n children orthodontic treatment is generally started during mixed dentition, ie after 6-7 years. The discovery of bad habits that can damage the alignment deformed dental arches and teeth, there are some devices that can counteract these habits and thus can prevent more serious orthodontic problems in the future.
Generally faster tooth movement occurs more slowly in children and adults. Sometimes tooth movement can occur during mild feelings of discomfort or tension that accuses them sometimes adults, unlike children where these phenomena are diminished or absent.
Vicious habits are some gestures made by children, consciously or unconsciously repeated many times a day, leading to a deformation of the dental arches and teeth change position.
Examples of bad habits:
1) Thumb sucking after the age of 3-4 years;
2) Sucking the lower lip - usually occurs in combination with another typically vicious mouth breathing - the most common is due to adenoids or "polyps" nasal septum deviation, etc.
3) Swallowing atypical (interposing tongue between the front teeth when swallowing);
4) Various mechanisms, all these seemingly harmless habits warp dental arches or jaws of the child leading to bigger problems at older ages. It is therefore important to identify them with us and together we eliminated from your child's life. Sometimes simple discussion and supervision can solve the problem, sometimes you may need and orthodontic appliances specially designed for this purpose.
The Damon system is not just about revolutionary braces and wires, it's a whole new way of treating pacients.
Traditional treatment requires removal of healthy teeth and/or the use of palatal expanders to make space. This approach is often unconfortable, takes longer and can leave a narrower arch and a flat profile. Damon smiles are full, natural 10-tooth smiles achived with light biologically-sensible forces, and are specifically designed to improve the overall facial result of each pacient.
Damon braces have advantage over traditional braces in the fact that they do not require rubber bands, instead the bracket allows for the wire to slide making them more comfortable.
Certified Damon system combines three key components, which when used together, deliver faster treatment, fewer appointments, greater comfort, and consistent high-quality results:
1. Damon passive self-ligating braces eliminate the need for elastic or metal connections. With Damon tie-less braces the treatment period is shorter.
2. Light hight-tehnology shape-memory wires that move teeth faster and require fewer adjustments.
3. A new clinically proven treatment approach that aligns your teeth and enhances your facial aesthetics - usually without extractions or rapid palatat expanders.
Virtually invisible, Damon Clear has clear advantages over traditional braces and aligners. Damon Clear is part of the innovative Damon System, which combines tieless braces with high technology archwires that are clinically proven to move teeth fast and comfortably with truly spectacular smile and facial results.
Clinical studies show that the Damon System provides more comfortable orthodontic treatment than traditional braces.
Damon Clear uses tieless braces that don't need to be "tightened" and are gentle to the teeth and tissues. Other styles of braces use elastics or active clips that bind archwires in place, which can slow down treatment and cause pain.
Clinical studies indicate that the elastomeric rings of traditional braces collect more bacteria and plaque and can lead to adverse gingival conditions.
Unlike traditional clear braces, Damon Clear does not use elastomeric rings, so your braces are easy to keep clean.
Damon Q is:
- innovative with SpinTek slide (which has chamfered lingual leading edge facilitates easy slide closure and wire engagement throughout all phases of treatment)
Open new doors to practice efficiency, clinical flexibility, patient comfort and aesthetics with the all-new, all-metal Damon Q—a major step forward in low-friction, passive self-ligation technology that delivers far more than straight teeth.
The Alias lingual bracket system was designed for patient comfort and clinical performance. Rounded contours and a low profile provide comfort, and the small bracket design ensures superior fit and ease of placement.
- Easy open and close—Self-ligating slide makes archwire changes faster and easier
- Custom indirect bonding setup—AOA Lab creates custom setups,making bracket placement fast, simple and accurate.
- Streamlined inventory—Single-patient kits to suit preferences and treatments needs.
- Passive self-ligating mechanics—Alias is designed to minimize friction while producing light, continuous orthodontic forces that allow the teeth to move more smoothly.
- Enhanced sliding mechanics—Straight Wire shape facilitates easier sliding.
- Simplified finishing bends—Lingual wire replicates the labial Straight Wire arch form, making wire bends intuitive.
- Enhanced rotational and torque control—Patented .018 x .018 square slot provides optimal control and results.
- Enhanced patient comfort—Designed with low bracket profiles and rounded contours.
Invisalign is a proprietary method of orthodontic treatment which uses a series of clear, removable teeth aligners used as an alternative to traditional metal dental braces.The aligners are completely transparent, therefore far more difficult to detect than traditional wire and bracket braces. This makes the method particularly popular among adults who want to straighten their teeth without the look of traditional metal braces, which are commonly worn by children and adolescents. In addition, the aligners are marketed as being more comfortable than braces. Due to the removable nature of the device, food can be consumed without the encumbrance of metallic braces.
Represents an alternative lingual orthodontic appliance fixed orthodontic appliance of classic beauty. Unlike the latter, the device lingual braces and springs are mounted on the back of the teeth, making it virtually invisible when smiling or talking. Lingual braces are metal device and are custom built for each patient. One of the most powerful and widely used techniques is lingual Incognito braces are made of gold alloy, in laboratories in Germany.
The first visit to the orthodontist consists of a discussion between doctor and patient, which will determine the needs and desires of the patient's orthodontic treatment objectives and choosing the device. Lingual appliance is suitable for both children and adults, regardless of age. The first step consists in mounting the unit lingual arch fingerprint, which will send them to the orthodontist dental laboratory, where the Manufacture custom braces. In the second phase will stick to each bracket on the tooth properly and using special elastic spring is mounted. It will provide the necessary voltage straightening teeth. Depending on the specifics of each patient, it may need additional steps such as extractions or restorations. During the treatment you will need to go to the dentist every 4 aptamani to adjust the machine, and every time one of its components fails. After removal of the orthodontic appliance to be worn for a period of time of a machine retainers to prevent tooth return to the starting position.
- Lingual orthodontic appliance is virtually invisible
- Each bracket is designed specifically for teeth that will be mounted so that it reduced the chance of accidentally peel.
- For expansion, the advantage of this type of braces is the small size and high efficiency of the lingual arch - Dental descaling is less common in lingual orthodontic aparatete and even if appears on the inner side of the teeth do not have aesthetic concerns.
- Eliminates the risk of lip contour deformity - where bracketed possible effect applied on the facial surface (outside) of the teeth
- It reduces the risk of infringement of soft tissue.
- Increased price resulting from uilizat material (gold alloy) and more complicated.
- Affects speech and style of food. Also it is more difficult to adapt to the machine. - Lingual orthodontic appliance is particularly suitable for patients with deep bite (upper arch is superimposed on the bottom and goes out) and if the teeth are very small.
- Given the personalized technique, loss of a bracket involving higher costs.
- May cause damage to lingual.
- Treatment with lingual orthodontic braces may take longer than with traditional device, and spring load is difficult to control sessions.
Due to the presence of foreign objects in space tongue, lingual appliance can affect speech and swallowing, and adaptation is longer. With practice and patience, however, things work out. The patient must be careful not to bite hard food - carrots, apples, nuts - especially the front teeth. Very important is cleaning teeth - the molars due to metal circles, food debris can easily remain locked. Avoid sugary foods and carbonated drinks because they favor decay. Wearing time lingual orthodontic appliance varies between 1 and 3 years.
How can you tell if your child needs orthodontic treatment?
Sometimes the signs that suggest the need for orthodontic treatment are not very obvious.
- Delayed eruption of permanent teeth;
- Your child practiced bad habits: sucking, breathing orally (by mouth), aspiration of the lower lip;
- Arcade dental uneven or asymmetrical;
- Teeth crowded;
- Side exit outside or too much inward;
Braces mobile, unlike conventional devices are used to keep the teeth in the correct position and in some cases, to influence growth of the jaws in order to achieve changes in facial structure. In addition, use before or in conjunction with fixed appliances.
Wireless devices are not used to treat all orthodontic problems. It takes skill and experience to recognize cases that will respond positively to these devices. Patient age is also very important.
Myobrace is a no-braces orthodontic approach to help straighten your teeth and jaws. Treatment addresses the poor oral habits that are the real cause of crooked teeth.
Myobrace treatment time is usually comparable to the time required for treatment with braces, but instead of being fixed to the teeth, Myobrace appliances are removable and require just one to two hours of use each day plus overnight while sleeping.
No. During the first few days, there may be a small amount of sensitivity, however after these first few days of treatment, this sensitivity should cease.
Unlike traditional orthodontics, the aim of Myobrace treatment is not just to have straight front teeth, but also to remove the bad influences on the patients dental and facial development. In children, as a result of improving poor muscular habits patients can experience better facial development and achieve their full genetic potential. Other health benefits of Myobrace treatment methods include improved posture, fewer allergies, and fewer problems with the teeth, mouth and jaw joints (TMJ).
Myobrace treatment time is usually comparable to the time required for treatment with braces, but instead of being fixed to the teeth, Myobrace appliances are removable and require just one to two hours of use each day plus overnight while sleeping